Security Officer - Mt Wellington
Number of Positions: 4
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
G4S Business Unit:Australia
Closing Date: February 25, 2014
G4S Australia and New Zealand make up one part of the world’s leading international security solutions group reaching clients and candidates in over 125 countries whilst employing 657,000+ employees across all levels.
Drawing on more than 100 years of company history, G4S is proud of its distinct cultures and strong values. Guided by our values such as customer focus, expertise, performance and integrity we strive to recruit only the best people, allowing us to provide a unique and tailored solution to our clients.
Each position within our business is of key importance and we are currently recruiting for Reception Security Officers. These roles will be based at Hewlett Packard, Mount Wellington, Auckland.
In line with our core values the responsibilities undertaken within this role, but not limited to are as follows:
- To be able to fulfill the security officer role at each of the control rooms, reception desk and roving patrol officer positions
- Conduct duties at all times in a courteous, professional manner, ensuring a customer service focus.
- Comply with rosters and time recording processes
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Post Orders that ensure the required functioning of the security system for the Facility
- Monitor access control system and CCTV
- Respond to on-site alarms
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, Dress Code and Standing Orders for the Facility
- To be familiar and compliant with relevant Workplace Health and Safety processes for the facility and to contribute to the development of safe work practices
- Complete all reports and registers in a correct and timely fashion
- Conduct all patrols in a thorough and professional manner
- Implement and promote effective communication techniques
- Other Duties as directed by site supervisors and managers
The Ideal Candidate:
We look to recruit the very best security professionals to join our team and with that we offer exceptional career opportunities and a dynamic working environment. In order to carry out the position of Reception Security Officer successfully you will ideally possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Must have a current Certificate of Approval (COA) to work as a security officer
- A Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and
- An ability to assess problems and make sound judgments as to the action to be taken
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- A professional attitude and excellent grooming standards
- A team-player attitude and are able to work unsupervised
- Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
If you are ready to make your next career move and are looking for a rewarding and varied position then apply now!
Please note successful candidates will be required to complete our compliance and medical processes.