Managing Director, Papua New Guinea
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Strategic Management
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Asia and Middle East
Country:Papua New Guinea
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: June 30, 2012
An opportunity has arisen for a visionary manager to drive the growth of our business in Papua New Guinea, which provides diversified security solutions including Security Services, Security Systems, Cash Services & Risk Management. The business was established in 2007 and currently employs over 4,000 employees with a portfolio of over GBP 30 million turnover. Reporting to the Regional Managing Director – South East Asia, and working with the country’s management team, the Managing Director will be responsible for providing strategic direction and ensuring the profitability of the Papua New Guinea businesses. This would include the achievement of operational and financial growth of the business, human resources management as well as sales, marketing and business development.
- Identify, develop and direct implementation of business strategy.
- Plan and direct the organization’s activities to achieve targets and standards for financial and trading performance, service quality, culture and compliance with internal standards and local legislative requirements.
- Plan, prepare and monitor the business plan and budget so as to maximize profitability.
- Identify and initiate strategies that will add growth to the business to ensure its long term profitability and survival.
- Recruit, select, and develop executive team members,
- Direct functions and performance via the executive team.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Maintain close contact with the workforce through key managers to ensure feedback opportunities, the maintenance of good morale and a high standard of staff integrity and honesty.
- Report to Regional Managing Director, South East Asia and Asia Middle East Regional Executives on organizational plans and performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree or MBA level; preferably in a business, finance, and operations or marketing discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing business of relevant size – preferably within a service industry in a demanding geographical and cultural environment.
- Customer-facing and sales-orientated, allied to strong operational discipline, with responsibility for driving the business in a fresh and innovative direction.
- An ability to develop long term strategic relationships with stakeholders in government, commercial and labour organisations and other stakeholder institutions.
- Experience in establishing medium-term growth strategies and strong operating mechanisms for performance.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Tok Pisin
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in diverse and demanding cultural environments.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.
For G4S candidates, as a matter of courtesy, please advise your immediate manager of your application.