Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Engineering
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: May 7, 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineer in our Engineering team, covering Belfast, Northern Ireland
We are looking for an Engineer to fill a remote Fire & Security Engineer position with main responsibilities to maintain the field base; working in a team of Engineers, reporting to the Regional Installation Manager
F&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
- Attending calls for maintenance of fire & security systems (on site and or by telephone) as directed by team co-ordinators
- Rectifying all faults on the first visit where rectification is within your control.
- Carrying out rolling programme of preventative maintenance visits.
- Collecting/recording of site configuration information.
- Maintaining car stock (spares) levels.
- Ensuring records are accurate and timely.
- Covering other Engineer's on an out of hours basis on a rotating basis.
- Commissioning small projects when required.
- Ensuring that audits are carried out of quality procedures.
- Providing training to customers and colleagues as required.
- Performing any additional tasks that may be required
- Installation and commissioning of addressable fire systems, CCTV, Access Control & Intruder systems to a high standard.
- Flexibility to deliver projects in NI as well as across the rest of the UK if required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Current fire & security field service and installation experience
- Experience of servicing access control, CCTV, GENT fire systems and alarm systems
- A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. Installing various Windows Operating Systems; networking etc.
- Any IT qualification and or Electrical/Electronic qualification
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage and current drain
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
- An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota
Preference will be given to candidates who also meet the following:
- HND or Degree
- Previous Electro Mechanical experience
- Dealing with SQL databases or Oracle