Administrative Custom Protection Officer (Libertyville, IL)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: April 20, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Administrative Custom Protection Officer. As an Administrative Custom Protection Officer, you will assist the Site Supervisor administering the security contract and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements. This position will act as the G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. liaison with the client, customers, and employees; and is also responsible for providing management oversight and driving operational accountability through effective change management and leadership development process in the absence of the Site Supervisor.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Provide assistance to customers, employees, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Review and monitor all security related reports for accuracy and thoroughness and report all breaches or issues to G4S and client management. Follow-up on investigations performed at the client site.
- Respond to security needs outside of normal business hours
- Assist in the training of new officers
- Assist in payroll and time and attendance
- Assist in coordinating appropriate training programs, audits, inventories and system tests, policies, corrective actions and work instruction
- Assist in the scheduling of employees assigned to the client site to ensure maximization of workforce and equitable distribution of work
- Assist with supervision of security personnel assigned to the account in the absence of the Project Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
- Must have a state of Illinois PERC (Permanent Employee Registration Card)
- Must have a valid Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice WITH current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Possess proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice.
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/